Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Roleplay Rant


So it's been awhile since I ranted and I think I'm due for one, in light of recent events. XD Now I know most people don't agree with me, and that's fine, this is my rant and I don't expect people to see the same way as I do. As many have seen around the feeds the new HP themed rp is started up and woo it's human only. Surprise Surprise. I remember when the interesting high school rp started up and it seemed really amazing, oh wait, human only too. Also if you look at most likely over half of the rps in SL (sorry I can't find them all to make an accurate comparison with real numbers here) completely rule you out if you're human only. I'm so fed up with this! > < This is Second Life where you can be or do anything you want and yet I can never find a nice roleplay area where furries are welcome. I wonder half the time if it has to do with the stupid sterotype of 'those sex-crazed furries' and all the nasty rumors and junk I hear. SL is dying, and forever I've been waiting for a really fun school type roleplay to open up. For example, ever play Grim Grimoire? Awesome game, pretty much based off the Harry Potter series but with a japanese twist. There's not just humans, there's furries, ghosts, devils, elves, etc. That's what made it more interesting, hell if you analyze it even Harry Potter had those elements. Guess I'll just keep waiting around for someone to make some form of 'magical' school type thing that you see in a lot of anime, where anything goes. You want to be a magical girl that transforms when she gets bonked in the head with a book? Fine. You want to be a furry who wants to try their best to show their as good as other species? Fine. You want to be a doorknob who talks and bothers people? Fine. Can someone out there please make an rp like that? XD I mean seriously, if people can roleplay it well and have fun, who cares what you are?! *Sigh* Okies end rant. Meh...



Furry Seren
Outfit - Kawaii Seifuku - BareRose - L$160
Hair - Trixie Hair White (Tinted & Modded) - Truth - L$250

Human Seren
Outfit - School Blazer Black - Edelweiss - L$600
Shoes - Marchen Shoes - Edelweiss - L$100 (comes with the outfit)
Hair - Trixie Hair Black - Truth - L$250

3 comments:

Valene said...

Unfortunately the only High School Roleplay type place I can think of that welcomes Furries is Hentai High, and that's... Well... Adult. :P

In fact, I don't know of any Furry friendly role-plays that aren't sex based. If I happen to find one, I'll let you know!

Serenity Semple said...

Thanks Marissa. XD It's tough to find these things but I always appreciate tips.

Softpaw Sommer said...

Sadly I think a lot of RP places still believe all the stereotypes about Furs that shows like CSI have given us.